Thursday, March 27, 2008

Worry

Jesus said, "Do not worry about tomorrow, for today has enough cares of its own."

I don't come across this way to most people, but I'm a very anxious person. Lately, I've done quite a bit of worrying about the future. Where will we live? What will we do? How will I ever pay back my student loans?

I wonder whether I'm doing the right thing by burdening my family with thousands and thousands of dollars of debt. At the same time, I wonder whether taking an easy job would be wasting my gifts. Do I need to pursue my interests into the red? Is that glorifying God?

I only ask this question, I now realize, because I'm afraid that God won't bless me if I choose the wrong path. This is where Jesus words comfort me. "When your child ask you for a fish you do not give him a snake do you? How much more will your heavenly Father give you good things when you ask Him!"

Sometimes it is hard to remember that God is not the Devil.

Peace,
Krammy

2 comments: