Friday, March 28, 2008

Just a wonder...

How much time would I need to have off to do all the things I've been putting off "until I have enough time?"

There's the learning another language, not to mention linear algebra and real analysis. And I've got quite a bit of working out to catch up on. There's also the book I'd like to write and the things I'd like to ready. Oh, Lordy, the things I'd like to read! I've got at least two-hundred books I'd like to digest. I wish that number was shrinking. There are artsy things, too, like taking a great photo and making a film.


I suppose if I dedicated a hundred hours to each hobby I'd like to pick up, eight hours to each book, two hours to each film, and a five hundred hours a piece to the three or four languages I'd like to pick up, that totals to... around 4,000 hours.

If I devoted two hours a day to this list it would take me two thousand days to tackle it. That's like six years. And what if the list increases?

Should I hope for less, or get cracking? Your comments please.

Peace,
Krammy

3 comments:

hope said...

to quote a line from "Madegascar"..."let's get
cracka-lackin!"
love,
hope

Joseph Bayly said...

Krammy,

My recommendation is that you read a great book called "Perfecting Ourselves to Death".

Yes, this is meant to be doubly ironic.

Love,
Joseph

J Stu said...

get. crackin.