Sunday, October 5, 2008

What are you looking forward to more?

We talked about this in the car on the way to campus last week. What will we be more relieved to be over with: the current presidential election, which has been going on for what seems like years; or this pregnancy, things are getting a little uncomfortable. Either way, they will both be over, God willing, in 29 days. Crazy.

I hope you realize that we are truly more excited about having are baby in our arms than Bush being out of the White House, but I'm sure you can see the conflict of emotion. Reality is starting to sink in these days. I have currently been really anxious and "really ready to be done". But am I? Really ready? Eh..... I'm not so sure. This is big time. Life. A new life. In our care? FOREVER. Seems like a pretty bad idea to me. Voting I can do. Electing a president for 4 years of service. Big responsibility sure, but seems like just a drop in the bucket when you consider the other things going on with us.

I will say however, even with the fear of being responsible for a new life, and the fear and promise that we will unavoidably screw this new little life up (even really good parents do), I am comforted by this piece of wisdom passed on to me by many ladies from our church: "We may not be perfect parents, but we are the perfect parents for this child."
Meaning: God has made this baby for us, and us for this baby. He will have entrusted us, not by mistake, but by His perfect will, to be the particular parents for this particular child. This is His plan, and we can rest in that.

So while I'm on the verge of freaking out about being a mother, I am also excited to see what God has planned for us. And maybe, if you're lucky, I will hopefully be better about sharing what He is doing, right here...with all of you...on our blog...maybe.

5 comments:

keely said...

It's so good to read this and know that you went into today with this peace in your heart. God's timing is perfect and He is so good.
I FREAKING CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR BABY!!!!

Alyssa B said...

WOW! Crazy timing.

Brittany Smith said...

Love it. Good words from Della Krammy. I can't wait to meet Cole.

schupack said...

I hear he's here already! Congratulations! I can't wait to meet your son when I get back.

Lauren said...

Congrats Della! I can't wait to see pictures of the little guy and more blog posts ;)