Sunday, May 11, 2008

Laying aside glory

We heard a very good sermon today about the friendship between Jonathan and David. It was very encouraging. The chief reminder that it gave me was the sacrificial aspect of love.

Everyday and in every place that I look, I see the worship of glory. The best looking people get the love and attention of our cities, the most sucessful business men are pandered to, and, more relevant to academics, the smartest are encouraged to overtake, dominate, compete, and conquer. The logic is pagan. To the best goes the glory.

This sermon just reminded me that Jesus taught us another way. The one who lays down the glory is the highest. Consider that friends. What is your glory? Will you lay it down to serve and die?

Grace and Peace,
Krammy

2 comments:

keely said...

When are you guys headed back here to the Promised Land?

Anonymous said...

I believe children are a parents glory......like Abraham laid Isaac.

love,
hope